Melbourne United is dedicating the month of January to raise much needed funds for the Victorian Bushfire Appeal and CFA.
The Club is pleased to announce the following initiatives to support those communities affected by the bushfires:
- – To begin the Club’s fundraising efforts, an initial $50,000 donation has been pledged by Melbourne United.
- – Melbourne United sponsor SodaStream will donate $500 for every United point scored when Melbourne play Adelaide this Saturday, 11 January.
- – In all four remaining games in January, for every point scored by Melbourne United the club’s sponsor Tyrepower will donate $100.
- – Five dollars from every ticket sold to Melbourne United’s Australian Open Game on 29 January will be donated. The club will also host people from affected communities at the game.
- – Unique memorabilia items will be auctioned off across the month of January by Melbourne United.
- – Melbourne United will be supporting the NBL and Australian Basketball Players Association (ABPA)’s Round 15 ‘300 for 3’ initiative by donating $300 to the Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund for every United three-point shot made.
Melbourne CEO Vince Crivelli said: “Everyone within the Melbourne United organisation has been touched by the devastating fires currently ravaging the country and have been inspired by the way in which the Australian spirit has shone through in the most trying of times.
“Melbourne United is proud to be part of a community that unites as one when times are tough and places great importance on being able to lend a helping hand for those that need it most.
“In working with our incredible corporate partners, a six-figure amount has already been pledged and we anticipate that amount to grow considerably over the rest of the month.”
With Melbourne United currently averaging 97.8 points per game, the pledges from Tyrepower and SodaStream will contribute a substantial sum to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal and the CFA directly.
Melbourne United is committed to dedicating a regular fixture going forward to recognise those impacted and the courageous volunteers and responders who protect communities.
The Club would also like to acknowledge Landream, Banner Asset Management, Dreamstreet Lending, Bulla, Trojan and Crocmedia for their support and we look forward to more fundraising announcements in the coming weeks.
All funds raised will be going to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal & CFA directly. For more information on the Appeal, click HERE.